Browse Items (35 total)
Joel Helander presents a lecture on Captain Oliver N. Brooks, who served as Light Keeper on Faulkner's Island from 1851 to 1882.
"Built in 1802, Faulkner's Island Lighthouse is Connecticut's second oldest lighthouse tower, and is the only active light station on an island in the state. Faulkner's Island is about three and one half miles offshore from Guilford, Connecticut.…
It is believed that the man on the right is Clare Potter. The identity of the boy on the left is less certain, but it may be Dan Rossiter. Mr. Potter, who lived in North Guilford, was famed for sharing his knowledge of farming with the younger…
A history of the Guilford Fair by Guilford Town Historian Joel Helander
A hand-drawn map of Clapboard Hill Road in Guilford, Ct with details from 1968. The original map was drawn by Joel Helander. In 2015, John Plant drew in the Old Stage Road in brown ink.

Mabel Carpenter Hubbard, daughter of John B. and Eva (Goldsmith) Hubbard. She married Frederick Henry Rolf in June, 1907.
The inscription on the photo reads "Heading Into Town on Boston Street with the Thomas Griswold House circa, 1905." The Griswold House is on the right of the photo. The photographer, Charles Hubbard, is a well known Guilford artist.
"Historic and Architectural Resources Inventory For the Town of Guilford, Connecticut Phase II Supplemental Survey"  The Guilford Preservation Alliance received at the end of 2014 a grant in the amount of $30,000 from the State Department of Economic…

In 1981, the Guilford Preservation Alliance (GPA) completed a survey of 450 buildings then more than fifty years old and considered to be of architectural significance (Survey of the Historic Architecture of Guilford, Conn.). A copy of this…

Water Street, east of Wild Rose Avenue, looking east towards town center. The home on the left of the photo no longer exists. Another home has been built on this property at 373 Water Street.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2