Faulkner's Island, Colorized Postcard

Description

"Built in 1802, Faulkner's Island Lighthouse is Connecticut's second oldest lighthouse tower, and is the only active light station on an island in the state. Faulkner's Island is about three and one half miles offshore from Guilford, Connecticut. Faulkner's Light Brigade is charged with the care, education and preservation of the island and it's celebrated lighthouse. Exact location is 41 12 43 N, 72 39 15 W."
-- The Faulkner’s Light Brigade

Date

19YY-MM-DD

Contributor

Davis, Rev. Marjorie Hall

Relation


The original photograph, from which this postcard is derived, is in the digital collection of the Guilford Free Library (GFL).  Other photos available at the GFL show Captain Brooks with his grandson and dog, his taxidermy, and another view of the buildings on the island.

Coverage

Faulkner's Lighthouse

Is Referenced By

Helander, Joel (1988) "The Island Called Faulkner's" ISBN-13: 978-0935600094

Spatial Coverage

Faulkner's Island
Area_7 - South of Rt 146 (or south of that portion of Rt 1 which is east of the intersection with Rt 146) 
Guilford, Connecticut 
Guilford, CT

Files

https://s3.amazonaws.com/omeka-net/25975/archive/files/b4cd1a3427d31a5e3e234a58b05b6c48.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/omeka-net/25975/archive/files/959edf2a152729748b80a433288d074e.jpg

Citation

“Faulkner's Island, Colorized Postcard,” Guilford Keeping Society Archives, accessed July 14, 2020, http://gksarchives.org/items/show/24.